DISLIKE.
I had been avoiding it for several years. I could no longer put it off the other day when i could barely eat. My wisdom teeth are all impacted but the bottom left one was the worst. I sucked it up, asked my facebook friends for recommendations to local dentists and made and appointment. The dentist was very kind, very easy, and didn't choke me with 4 hundred tools shoved down my throat like i had remembered as a kid. He did, however, recommend that i see and oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth out.
As you can see from this *lovely* x-ray, my bottom two wisdoms came in sideways and were pressing on the sides of the teeth in front of them. The bottom left however was so impacted it was forming cysts around the tooth causing excruciating pain and discomfort. The oral surgeon suggested i get all four ~tops and bottoms~ out ASAP. that was not an option for me. I opted to have only the two on the left side extracted first and then i will go back in a few months and get the other side taken out. That way, or so i thought, i could still eat on one side.
So, Tuesday i went in and had the left side removed, top and bottom. The first day i thought it wasnt so bad. the second day, i was uncomfortable, drugged and loopy but still alright. Well, the nurse had said i would feel the worst come Thursday.... That is today. She wasn't kidding. Ouch. Double ouch. Im still drugged but the drugs aren't touching it. They don't even last the "every 4-6 hours as needed".
On the bright side, our family and friends are amazing. We have had so many meals brought our way. My mom did our laundry, took care of the baby i sit for, let my dogs out, and did our dishes. My husband has been Mr. Mom taking over the homework situations with our daughter, cleaning up, and caring for me. Taking care of me is the hardest, I think. I am the biggest baby, I try not to be but man, this pain is no joke. I think the drugged feeling is actually worse than the pain. I feel loopy, weak and helpless. So i am entirely thankful for all the help.